Thursday, November 11, 2010

Final Update on this character


So this is the final update on this guy, I have learned quite a bit in the process and I have adopted new ways of approaching a character. It is by no means done, there is of course lots of room for improvements but it has been a phenomenal exercise. Since I'm stopping here, I decided to share it, and take what I have learned to future projects. I really hope everyone likes it, and have a great day everyone.




4 comments:

Hunterk said...

Damn! You improved leaps and bounds in the past few weeks. Two thumbs up.

BTW, did you render this using low poly with displacement map? And for the scratched off paint effect, did you overlay materials of some sort?

Eric J. Valdes said...

Thanks a lot HunterK. Well the model is more cut-scene ready with a displacement map, not so low-poly but yet still controlled topology flow. The scratched off paint and all the body texturing was done in one day. I used a diffuse for the paint, with an alpha as a mask to reveal the metal, simpler than it may seem, but I think it worked for now. Once again thanks a lot.

Christian Turner said...

Wow man, you've really taken the grip on this stuff in the past couple years. So impressed, keep it up, I know after seeing you at the Tech Fair they saw something in your work. I expect to see you being one of the first modelers brought into the new DD campus. If I can help in any way, just let me know.

Eric J. Valdes said...

Hey Chris, what can I say you've improved a ton as well, If anything i'll keep you in mind, Thanks man.